Our opening hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Out of hours emergency number 01642 954444


When somebody close to you passes away, knowing how to deal with their finances and their affairs can seem impossible. Our friendly, experienced team will be able to guide you through this and provide you with the help you need at what can be a traumatic time.
We can also help you set up a lasting power of attorney (LPA). 
Service Detail Upper Block


If your loved one has not left a Will, the law dictates who will inherit their estate and we will be able to explain what this entails.

Of course, to avoid any uncertainty as to who inherits your estate and to make sure that those people you care about inherit your assets, you should make a Will.  We can help you with this process to avoid any problems for those closest to you when you pass away.


Service Accordion Block

Even if you and your partner have lived together for a long period of time, your partner is not automatically entitled to a share of your estate. It is therefore advisable to make a Will and provide for your partner in the event of your death. 

When someone passes away and does not leave a Will, their estate must be shared out according to certain rules. These are called the rules of intestacy. 

Under the rules of intestacy, married partners or civil partners will inherit if they are married or in a civil partnership at the time of death. 

If there are surviving children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren of the person who passed away and their estate is valued at more than £320,000, they will be entitled to half of the remaining estate that is left over £320,000. 

Understanding what you may and may not be entitled to can be complex. For more information, please contact our offices.

You can amend your Will by making an official alteration called a codicil, although it is sometimes more logical to make a new Will, especially if there are numerous changes you would like to make.

Extra Block


You may not know that if you are no longer able to make your own decisions about your finances, or about your own welfare, your family and friends will not be able to help you if you have not made a Power of Attorney.  We can help with this and with an application to the Court of Protection if your loved one is not able to make their own decisions any longer.