Our opening hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Out of hours emergency number 01642 954444


Have you suffered an injury or illness through no fault of your own? 

Service Detail Upper Block

At AHM Solicitors we understand that it can be hard to get back on track when you have been injured or suffered in an accident that you weren’t responsible for. From minor injuries to those that are life-changing, we can individually access your circumstances. Your injury may have occurred at work, in a public place or you may be entitled to compensation for a criminal injury from the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority. Even if you think you are at fault or partly to blame, we will have a chat with you about your case for free. 

You typically have to make a personal injury claim within three years of the date of the accident or the date of diagnosis for your illness. If you are under the age of 18, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th birthday. It is important to be aware that you have 3 years from the date of your accident to make a claim, after this date your claim will generally be barred in law from continuing if Court proceedings have not been issued.

Our practice areas include road traffic accidents, accidents at work, occupier's liability claims, criminal injuries compensation authority claims, and motor insurance bureau claims. For more information on these, scroll down.

In some instances, we can also assist with Motors insurance Bureau claims.

Service Accordion Block

It is always worth giving us a call to discuss your matter in more detail so that we can properly advise you. Generally speaking, you will need proof that you were injured as a result of another person's violation of duty owed to you. This is primarily evidenced by your medical records. 

If your case is not successful, a no-win, no-fee agreement will prevent you from having to pay your legal fees should you lose your case. This means that in the event you did lose your case, you wouldn't have to pay any legal fees. 

It is hard to say how much compensation you will be able to claim as it depends on the type of injury and suffering experienced, the severity of it and how long your quality of life is affected. 

Extra Block

Road traffic accidents -

If you were a driver, passenger, cyclist, motorcyclist or pedestrian and the accident was not your fault, we can help you claim compensation and maximise the damages you are awarded.

Accidents at work -

If you have suffered a personal injury as a result of an accident at work, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries, out-of-pocket expenses, and other losses, including future loss of earnings.

We can arrange physiotherapy and ensure your rehabilitation needs are met.

In some cases, interim payments can be requested.

Occupier’s liability claims -

If you have been injured visiting a public place, a building owned by a company, or a private individual and the injury was caused by a danger or defect, you may have grounds to make an injury claim.

Criminal injuries compensation authority claims –

If you have been injured due to a violent crime, assault, or abuse, you may be able to make a claim to the criminal injury’s compensation authority. It is important to cooperate with the police at the outset and the Crown Prosecution Service to ensure you are awarded compensation.

The perpetrator of the crime does not need to be convicted; however, your co-operation is required.

We can advise you in respect of the scheme and ensure you are awarded compensation if you meet the criteria for compensation to be awarded.

Motor Insurance Bureau Claims - 

If the driver of the vehicle that caused your accident was not insured, you may be able to make a claim for compensation with the Motor Insurance Bureau. You are required to report your accident to the police within 14 days of the accident to be eligible for compensation.