Motoring & Road Traffic Fixed Fee
We understand that being charged with a motoring offence can be very worrying. This is one reason
that we have put details of our fees here so that you don’t have the worry of thinking about how
much it will cost for us to represent you in the Magistrates Court. If you have been charged with any
of the following offences, we offer a fixed fee of £300.00 plus VAT of £60.00 making a total of
- Totting up (12 points on your licence)
- Drink driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Failing to provide driver details
- Use of a mobile phone
- Driving without insurance
- Failing to stop or report an accident
- Failing to stop for a constable
- Appeals and traffic light offences
- Driving endorsements and notice of prosecution
The fee includes:
- Two hours attendance/preparation
- Considering evidence
- Taking your instructions
- Providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses.
- Taking statements from any witnesses.
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special-reasons hearing.
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal.
- Subsequent hearings including trial.
The above is based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your
The key stages of your matter are:
- Meet with you to take instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure from the police or prosecution service and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arrange to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost of £120.00 plus VAT per hour).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place on the day as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for between one hour and half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
One final matter …
Our criminal team is made up of four Solicitors, (with at least 4 years’ experience), one Chartered
Legal Executive, one Criminal Litigator/Prison Law Adviser and one Legal Clerk. The team is
supervised by Simon Walker, who is a Partner and Head of the Criminal Department. Simon has over
25 years’ experience working in criminal law having qualified as a Solicitor in 1993.